Build the Foundation for a Successful Career
Firstly with the Basic Appliance Repair training Course, we essentially put you in our shoes for 3 weeks. Appliance repair is what we do for a living.
Secondly Once you graduate, it’s our hope and expectation that above all you’ll be able to launch your own career or certainly find a job, and enjoy the same fulfillment we do. Thirdly The appliance industry is in desperate need for qualified appliance repair technicians across South Africa.
Fourthly we want to teach you the basic fundamentals at our fully stocked training facility with some of the latest Household appliances made on the market today for you to work on under the supervision of an instructor.
“Attended the Appliance repair training offered and found the handsome training by Mark exceptional. I came away with a new career. Thanks Mark.”
We provide the appliance repair training tools, the housing, the instructor, the product and a proven teaching formula that will ensure you make the most of your three week stay at our Campus.
Three Week Appliance repair training Course Breakdown
Here are the primary categories that we will cover during the three week course. Each category will have a mix of classroom discussion and hands-on training. We provide all the Household appliances tools you will need, we just require you show up on time and ready to learn!
APPLIANCE ELECTRICAL THEORY
- Learn how to properly use a digital meter for Household appliance training.
- Understand how electricity moves through a home and through each appliance.
- Learn about switches and the different types that can be found in appliances.
- Learn the basics on how to understand and read wiring diagrams.
- Understand how to properly check for power going to 240 volt appliances with just your meter.
- Top mount, side by side, and french door refrigerators.
- Electronic and mechanical defrost systems.
- Electrical requirements.
- Ice makers & water and ice dispensers.
- Electronic controls using thermostats to monitor temperature.
- Use of torch and high temperature braze/soldering.
- Diagnosing of sealed system.
- Proper sealed system repairs.
- Fast, efficient, and safe way to defrost evaporator coils.
- An entire week is devoted to refrigeration training.
ELECTRIC AND GAS STOVES
- Discuss proper electrical and Gas requirements
- Bake and Grill elements
- Infinite switches and electronic oven and surface unit controls
- Self cleaning systems
- Properly determine the interior oven temperature
- Gas burners
- Types of ignition systems that are found in gas ranges
- Servicing gas Stoves
- Proper installation and electrical and plumbing requirements.
- Address common problems with installation.
- Proper use of detergent and chemicals and how they work.
- Pumps and dispensers and water circulation.
- Electric water heaters and how they work with dishwashers.
- Installation and electrical and plumbing requirements.
- Disassemble/reassemble a stator designed washer.
- Disassemble/reassemble a VMW designed washer.
- Put each design in a diagnostic mode, if capable.
- Proper use of detergent and additive.s
- Identifying chemical damage of clothing.
- Electrical circuit including mechanical and electronic controls.
- Installation and electrical and plumbing requirements.
- Learn the major differences between front and top load designs
- Boot/bellow removal/installation
- Put each design in a diagnostic mode, if capable
- Disassemble/reassemble a complete front load washer.
- Electrical circuit including mechanical and electronic controls
- Walk through how an electric dryers work using the wiring diagram
- Installation of product; venting, electrical, and plumbing requirements
- Importance of proper airflow
- Learn about each alternative to a traditional vent
- Steam dryers and how they work
- Installation and electrical and venting requirements.
- Testing for microwave leakage.
- Basic theory and testing of components.
- High vs. low voltage troubleshooting
- Step-by-step diagnostics on a microwave that does not heat
- Step-by-step diagnostics on a microwave that does nothing
Hands on training with over 200 Appliances including electronic controls
Above all we are more than just an Appliance Repair School
A bulk of your time will be spent on learning these products but throughout the course you will be learning the following:
How to Conduct Yourself
We take for granted the process of being a technician. Yes, fixing the appliance is your immediate priority but you are also servicing a person.
So you will need to maintain a long, successful career by knowing how to handle yourself in a customer’s home. Let us share with you what we have learned over the years so you don’t make the same mistakes.
Once you are on our campus, everything is within walking distance. You will eat, breath, sleep appliance repair training while you are here. Housing is included with every course however housing is optional.
Utilize the Tools Available
Not just the hand tools you will need for Household repair training, but the technology that’s available online. We will show you how to stay organized and safe online while also showing you how to find and reference technical material using just your smartphone. There is no magic tablet with all the answers, but with a little practice, you will be able to use the power of the internet to your advantage.
How to Lookup Parts
Above all, we encourage our students to use illustrated part look-ups while participating in our hands-on lab sessions. This is a skill that every technician needs to operate in the field to ensure they are going to order the right part for the customer.
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
VIEW OUR COURSE PRICING
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGING & REWARDING CAREER IN APPLIANCE REPAIR?Even if you have some experience in the appliance industry, let us take the mystery out of each product type you will most likely have to repair in today’s market.
We are going to teach you how to read wiring schematics, how to properly use a volt meter, how to properly check components in each appliance, and how to properly store and reference this large bounty of information we are going to provide in three weeks.
DO YOU OWN OR OPERATE AN APPLIANCE REPAIR COMPANY?Train your new employees with us!
Our three week Basic Appliance Repair Course is a part of the training process for new hires among many appliance repair companies. We want to help your company grow the right way by getting technicians to feel confident in their diagnosis and not guess causing your business and your customers to suffer. We want them to succeed and enjoy their work like we do.
WHAT DO YOU COVER IN CLASS?In short the class curriculum is structured to take you from the ground up, starting with basic electricity to hands on with major appliances and working your way up to refrigeration systems — including diagnosing, recharging and reclaiming.
WHATS THE AVERAGE AGE OF STUDENTS ATTENDING YOUR CLASS?The ages range from 16 to 60+ years old.
Basically almost anyone can Learn how to repair Household appliances.
Tuition: runs throughout the yea
holidays as well.
Appliance Repair king welcomes students from all across the country.
Our national appliance repair training course takes place several times a year. The program includes 3 weeks of instruction, with or without lodging, and meals.
Therefore Each class has a maximum of 5 students for better individual attention with Household appliance training.
Tuition: R62,000 including housing and Lunch:
- A 20 night stay in a self catering flat
- 3 week course (approx 120 hours of instruction)
- Access to WiFi for internet
- Lunch served Monday – Friday
- Flat has a complete kitchen and laundry along with kitchen utensils
- Access to over 200 appliances in class
- Each class has a maximum of 5 students
Tuition: R55,000 excluding housing and lunch
Above all this Course will benefit you in many ways.
Firstly you will never be without work for Life.
Secondly recovering your initial investment will be really easy when you have completed the course.
And finally your financial problems will go away just to mention a few.
Need Credit ? Find out ways to pay
Apply for Your Appliance Repair Training Loan Online
- Use your credit card Budget Facility (Fastest way to get instant credit)
- Apply for a Loan at Loans Direct
- PayPal offers a credit facility find out more
- Get a loan from your Bank
- Get Sponsored by Someone (Relative or business).
- Government student Loans.
Appliance Repair Certifications
If you pass the course, you will receive a certification that recognizes this House Household appliances training accomplishment.
ARK OUTREACH PROGRAM
The ARK Outreach program provides funding through sponsors and private people who donate to changing your life.
ARK is Part of Appliance Repair King.
Start your Household appliance Training now.